In 1859, when oil was successfully drilled near Titusville, the closest railroad was 27 miles away. To fill a transportation need, the Oil Creek Railroad line was completed from Corry to Titusville in 1862. Under a series of mergers, it became part of the Pennsylvania Railroad by 1900. When Titusville's last railroad was about to be abandoned, the Oil Creek Railway Society formed and saved the line. Through vintage photographs, Oil Creek and Titusville Railroad relives the railroad history of a valley that has become a lovely wilderness served by an important railroad.