Jeannette, the Glass City, was named in honor of H. Sellers McKee's wife and was the first large manufacturing town within Westmoreland County. On May 20, 1889, the first glass was blown, and Jeannette began sending its glass products all over the world. There were seven great glass factories located in the area, as well as the largest pressed-glass factory in America and the largest window glass plant in the world. Two of the largest factories in the world were the McKee Brothers' Works and the Chambers-McKee Glass Company. Jeannette produced more glass in various forms than any other place in the United States. Jeannette was also home to Oakford Park, a trolley park, for the relaxation of its citizens and those in the surrounding areas. The great Oakford Park flood, which took place on July 5, 1903, was the most devastating event in western Pennsylvania since the Johnstown flood of 1889. Oakford Park was rebuilt, and Jeannette recovered and continued producing glass.